Let’s get this straight, shambling hordes—I’m a little crazy right now. Which may help to explain why I’m giving out TWO grand prizes to Night of the Giving Dead participants. After all auction items close, I’ll randomly pick two winners…
- One winner will receive a new Kindle Wi-Fi with a BAD TASTE IN BOYS ebook!
- The other winner will receive a six month writing mentorship with ME.
I think the Kindle’s pretty self-explanatory, so let me talk a little about the mentorship. You’ll get four hours of my time each month starting this August through January of 2012. I can give you manuscript feedback, help you write a query, answer questions about the industry, and show you zombie penguin pictures. In six months, we can get your manuscript ready to go if you’re willing to work hard! I’m also willing to work with writers’ groups/classrooms/book clubs if you want to share the prize with others.
There are a few things that I can’t do as a mentor, and I want to be up front about them too:
- I can’t refer you to my agent or editor. I don’t do that in general.
- I can’t let you roll your hours over. Because if you waited until January and then asked for all 24 hours, my head would go all explodey.
- I can’t make your list of agents or write your query or DO THE WORK FOR YOU. My goal is to teach you how to do it yourself!
- I can’t promise that your manuscript will be published. But I can promise to help you make it the best that it can be!
How do you win the Kindle or the mentorship? It’s simple! You get entries every time you participate in Night of the Giving Dead. Bidding on auctions, donating to the hospital, buying a copy of BAD TASTE IN BOYS, helping to spread the word…all of these things get you entries to win! And there’s even a handy dandy form below to help you submit all your entries!
So what are you waiting for? Lurch on down to the form and get started!
Not ready to enter yet? Go back to the Night of the Giving Dead homepage!